There are tonnes of subscription boxes available these days and it can quite overwhelming trying to decide which one to sign up for. I can firmly say that I am rubbish at doing make-up so the majority of beauty boxes didn’t appeal to me but I knew I wanted a monthly treat! Upon further research, I discovered Pink Parcel.
For practically every woman, we tend to dread that time of the month but Pink Parcel have decided to change that and make it a positive by sending you your preferred sanitary essentials and a few extra surprises to make you smile! These can be anything from health products to beauty products.
Pink Parcel offer 3 dispatch dates for you to choose from, based on your time of the month so you can be sure to receive your box before your period is due. This box literally removes any monthly cycle worries you may have as you are able to choose your preferred brand of sanitary products so your box is specific to you. It is only £12.95 per month (postage is free) and you get your first box for £9.95!
Upon opening my box, I was excited because there were more boxes inside! It made me feel like a child at Christmas with lots of presents, I couldn’t wait to see what was inside each box.
The first thing I noticed was a a full sized product! It was SASS Intimate Soothe & Smooth Shave Gel (RRP £10) which had a great quote on the box might I add!
This is a crystal clear shaving gel for your pubic area. It’s formula was designed to reduce ingrown hairs and protect you from razor bumps and irritation. This is beyond a decent sized goody to get from Pink Parcel. I haven’t tried it yet but I will definitely post a review about it once I do.
The next thing I opened was a little drawstring bag which said “for now” on it.
Inside were sanitary towels and tampons. This is such a cute little bag as I can pop it into my handbag for when I am on the go. If you’re like me, I tend to forget that I am on my period for the first day and end up having to buy extra tampons whilst out.
Following on with the theme, I opened up a thin box which said “for later” on it.
This box was literally FILLED with tampons! It was definitely all I needed to get through this month’s cycle without having to purchase more tampons. Besides my essentials, there was a pack of Tampon Disposal Bags by Fab Little Bag (RRP £1.99). These are great for putting into your bag as well especially with the cute design on the packaging. They are also big enough to use for panty liners which is a bonus!
By the time I got to the last box, I had begun to feel a lot like Alice in Wonderland! This box said “for you” on it.
This box had goodies galore! In total, there were 8 items to cater to your beauty or lifestyle needs.
- A travel sized bottle (75ml) of Aussie Miracle Moist Conditioner which made me really happy as it is my favourite conditioner. This conditioner promises to revitalise dry and damaged hair by locking in moisture and protecting your hair from the elements. I can confirm that Aussie definitely fulfills its promises!
- A beyond cute mini photo frame by Sass & Belle in my favourite colour, red. This frame is perfect to have on my desk at work with a picture of my smiling daughter.
- Speaking of my daughter, she absolutely loved the Pink Parcel lavender scented eye mask, and so did I. It smells lovely and immediately made me feel relaxed when I went to bed that night. I don’t think I’ve fallen asleep so easily and quickly before!
- A sample sachet of Merumaya Melting Cleansing balm and Youth Serum which is like TLC in a little packet. They both feel so lavish when you put them on your skin. They left my face feeling smooth and extremely soft.
- A travel sized rollerball sample of Sweet Lullaby Soothing Body & Massage Oil by Lola’s Apothecary. This oil is 100% natural and can be used for multiple purposes such as a cleanser, moisturiser, stretch mark treatment and massage oil. It smells heavenly! It is a comforting scent made of Lavender, Ylang Ylang, Sweet Orange, Patchouli and Vanilla.
- Tasty Rainbows & Whirlwinds Energising Tea by Lola’s Apothecary. This tea is a herbal blend of Green Yerba Mate, Ginseng, Gingko, Nettle, Spearmint and Lemongrass. When I read that the tea was a “a refreshing minty citrus flavour”, I was a bit apprehensive to try it. I am glad I did eventually make a brew because it is delicious! The flavour is strong (in a good way) and the ingredients compliment each other.
- A piece of delicious Double Trouble Chocolate Fudge from Fudge Kitchen. I only managed to get a small bite of this before my daughter wolfed it down! From the little bit I did have, I was in chocolate heaven.
Overall, for my first box from Pink Parcel I was thoroughly impressed! My favourite gift in the box was the body oil by Lola’s Apothecary. The concept of the box is great and actually works really well. It is also great value for money, I don’t think I have come across a subscription box which offers so many products for such a good price.
As I said before, I am not into make-up as much as other women so the typical beauty box doesn’t appeal to me. Pink Parcel have created a box that is bound to appeal to every woman. There are beauty items, lifestyle items and even food…what more could you possibly want?
For once, I actually can’t wait for my next period to come…weird, I know! If you want to know more about Pink Parcel, check out their website: http://www.pinkparcel.co.uk